Saturday, 22 March 2014

The PS4 has landed


Yesterday I acquired a Playstation 4 with a copy of Infamous Second Son.  I am still a little early in the games campaign so a review will be a little while off yet.  The console though is rather interesting.  For a start it's smaller than a PS3 slim, nearing the size of the original Nintendo Wii.

It does generate a little more noise than a PS3 ever did and the charge cable is annoyingly specific to PS4, so you can't just use an existing USB micro charge cable.  No doubt third party ones will arrive but for now I am stuck with the super short cable the console comes with.  Still it's not a major issue and the controller does seem to hold charge longer than the Dualshock 3 ever did.

The controller is a little heavier though but is more ergonomic to use.  The rear triggers are curved upwards for better handling and the sticks feel a little stiffer, giving you better control over your characters movements.  The new touch pad thing is odd to use and I am guessing it will be dropped for use in games after about a year anyway.

The new UI is a little odd to use and will take some getting used to.  Games now sit on the dashboard and there doesn't seem to be a way of hiding or moving them so I imagine further down the line the games will start to clutter the UI unless I am missing something (probably am). 

Anyway I intend to create a twitch account for the console when I get used to the new share functions and broadcast some gameplay at set times during the week.  Outside of that I will see you all next week, have a good weekend folks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment